Technically, it should be renamed the Quadruple P Risotto.
A simple and quick filling Autumnal dish that I throw together when there isn’t much in the fridge. There’s an option to make it vegetarian and vegan too and the additional P in this is optional!
Ingredients - serves 6 400g risotto rice 50g salted butter 2 Onion, finely chopped 3 cloves Garlic, crushed 1.2 L chicken stock (vegetable stock for non-meat options) 4 rashers bacon, chopped (I use scissors for this) 30g frozen peas 150g finely sliced porcini (usual mushrooms are just as good!) 150ml Champagne/Prosecco/White Wine
- Heat a large saucepan to medium and melt the butter. Add the onion and garlic and let soften for 5 minutes.
- Throw in the bacon and give it a good stir, making sure the butter coats every piece. Cook for another 1 minute.
- Add your rice and stir constantly for about a minute or until every grain has been mixed with the bacon and butter juices. Glug in a splash of your bubbly, stir and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Add your stock a ladle at a time, stirring throughout. When your risotto starts to appear creamy and soft, add in the rest of the Champagne.
- On the last ladle, chuck in your peas and mushrooms. Give it a good stir and grate some Parmesan on the side if you have any lying around. Serve on it’s own or with warm garlic bread.
Et voila, the Pea, Pork & Porcini Rissoto, delicious!