Makes 12 – Low FODMAP – Gluten Free – Dairy Free
275g self raising gluten free flour
2tsp baking powder
113g dairy free spread
170g caster sugar
2 large eggs
1 lemon,juiced and peeled
1. Set the oven to 180C. Line a muffin tray with cases/baking parchment.
2. In a small bowl mix the flour and baking powder together. Add 1/2 tsp salt at this point – optional.
3. In a large bowl cream together the spread and sugar. When it has combined add the two eggs and stir thoroughly before adding in the lemon juice.
4. Combine the flour mix with the egg mix. Once the flour has been folded in, combine the blueberries. *Tip: to make them go further, I cut the blueberries in half. This way they;re evenly distributed and appear like they’re bursting with berries!*
5. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 25 minutes and sprinkle over the lemon peel. Enjoy warm or cool.